Parts Shipping & Receiving
Irvine BMWIrvine BMW
The Shipping/Receiving/Warranty Clerk is responsible for the Parts warranty Department inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to receive all parts orders; check for accuracy, scan into inventory and stock into parts shelves and bins.
- Ensure that claims are made for any damaged parts received in the parts order.
- Ensure that all damaged parts received are re-ordered immediately.
- Responsible to return to manufactory all warranty parts and to scrap warranty parts as directed by the manufacturer.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all parts.
- Respond to Pull Orders by pulling the specific parts indicated.
- Ensure all parts designated as scrap are pulled and properly disposed of.
- Ensure that new inventory parts have adequate shelf and/.or bin locations and that the new locations are properly marked.
- Accurately compares part numbers and part names to printed invoices and order forms.
- Counts, weighs and measures parts.
- Deliver parts to other dealers as requested.
- Be able to back-up the front and back counters as needed.
- Maintains shipping and receiving logs on a computer terminal and completes departmental paperwork from them.
- Effectively and accurately completes return or delivery paperwork.
- Determines best method of shipment, calculates shipping charges, packages material being shipped and constructs shipping containers for parts to send to correct consignee.
- Participate in all training programs that are made available as applicable.
- Adhere to work schedule and arrive at work before your scheduled start time and be at your work station productively engaged by the scheduled time, making sure to clock in and out.
- Safeguard customer and Dealer information per established policy.
- Exemplifies organizational culture and holds others in department accountable for doing the same.
- Accomplishes all current and future tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Other related duties as may be assigned