Irvine BMWIrvine BMW
The Shop Helper is responsible for ensuring the shop is clean, orderly and free of debris.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Service Shop and parking lot neat and in an organized manner, free of debris and fluid leaks.
- Clean shop floor as needed.
- Keep waste cans emptied and haul bulky waste items to dumpster on scheduled days and as needed.
- Drain fluid containers as needed.
- Check, empty, and clean all coolant and oil drains and dispose of used filters.
- Clean and organize compressor room and wipe down floors.
- Sweep and clean alignment rack and pit area.
- Assist in moving disabled vehicles in or around the Service Department.
- Assist Technicians with removal of old parts from stall.
- Clean and organize tire room, remove old tires, trash and wipe down machines.
- Run floor scrubber through main shop area.
- Complete all work according to the applicable safety requirements and published procedures.
- Provide any administrative assistance necessary and other tasks as assigned by management.
- Follow assigned work schedule and arrive at work before your scheduled start time and be at your work station productively engaged by the scheduled time.
- Complies with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety and personal protection equipment as required.
- Immediately report to Management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its employees, or its customers.
- Follow established dress code policy at all times.
- Safeguard customer and Dealer information per established policy.
- Exemplifies organizational culture and holds others in department accountable for doing the same.
- Uniform must be maintained and worn in a clean and professional manner at all times.
- Accomplishes all current and future tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
- Responsible for keeping an accurate time record using the company’s time clock and ensuring you keep record of the start and end of your shift and start and end of your meal period.